The American Bankers Association Foundation today called 8 banks as winners of the 2023 Community Commitment Awards, which acknowledge banks for remarkable business social obligation efforts in classifications varying from inexpensive real estate to financial addition. The structure likewise revealed that Paola Fernandez, SVP of neighborhood advancement for Centreville Bank in West Warwick, Rhode Island, is the winner of its 2023 George Bailey Distinguished Service Award. Winners will be acknowledged at the ABA Annual Convention from Oct. 8-10 in Nashville.
The Community Commitment Award winners are:
- Affordable real estate: Dollar Bank, Pittsburgh, for its The Way Home program, which uses therapy and help to newbie, low-to-moderate-income property buyers.
- Community and financial advancement: United Bank, Vienna, Virginia, for its Power of Partnership program, which concentrates on preserving real estate cost in Washington, D.C.
- Economic addition: Huntington National Bank, Columbus, Ohio, for its Lift Local Business Program, which has actually used more than $70 million in loans to more than 1,000 minority-, ladies- and veteran-owned small companies.
- Financial education: Bank of Guam, Hagåtña, Guam, for the Bank of Guam Empowerment Program, in which bank personnel have actually led more than 1,000 neighborhood monetary education discussions on a series of subjects.
- Protecting older Americans: The Cooperative Bank of Roslindale, Massachusetts, for its Carefull Program, through which the bank has actually assisted safeguard senior citizens from rip-offs, scams and other financial errors.
- Supporting military households: Fulton Bank, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, for its Fulton Bank Military Internship program, a six-month internship that assists veterans shift from military service to the civilian labor force with on-the-job training in the monetary services market; and Wells Fargo, San Antonio, for its Talent Strategic Sourcing program, in which military skill intermediaries hire, counsel and supporter for veterans who request tasks at the bank.
- Volunteerism: Comerica Bank, Dallas, for its Comerica Program, which motivates full-time workers to take part in 8 hours of paid time off volunteer work and 4 hours for part-time workers.
In addition to the Community Commitment Awards, Fernandez was called recipient of this year’s George Bailey Award for her devotion to constructing relationships to support underserved neighborhoods throughout Rhode Island and northeastern Connecticut. She effectively released the bank’s long-lasting humanitarian program and has actually considering that directed multi-million-dollar financial investments to underserved neighborhoods from its charitable structure.