Crystal’s $80 Grocery Shopping Trip (+ our menu strategy)
As I pointed out just recently, we’re experimenting with the 5-Ingredient Meal Plan Box today. We’re doing week 6 today and we’re truly caring it (see what we’re consuming this coming week when you scroll down to the bottom of the post).
I didn’t have that much I required to purchase today because we currently had some things on hand from previous sales for a few of the meals today. So we just invested a little over $80. I’ll likely roll over the additional $20 in our spending plan to next week.
We’re hosting a huge graduation celebration this Saturday (we’re spending for it out of a different spending plan because Kathrynne picked the menu and we’re anticipating 70+ individuals!) and we’ll likely have leftovers from that, so we might be consuming those for the majority of next week. We’ll see!
I was very thrilled to get the Greek Goddess yogurt for simply $2.49/tub. It was on sale for $3.49 and I had a mailer discount coupon for $2/2!
The huge boxes of Cheerios were discounted to $2.34! And the club soda was $1.39 each. We’ll utilize them for baseball video games. I likewise got the path mix and Kind bars discounted and we utilized them for treats at the baseball competition in AL this previous weekend.
Kathrynne is gone all today on a Senior journey with her class up until Wednesday night, so we have one less teenager here — though she’s not here for numerous meals nowadays in between work and school and other dedications! Here’s our menu strategy:
Breakfasts today: cereal, baked oatmeal, or oatmeal, fruit/yogurt
Lunches today (the kids will be consuming some in your home and some out with good friends – they spend for their own food when they go out with good friends because they all have tasks): snack-y lunches, salads/toast (I have lettuce leftover from recently), eggs (I still have nearly 4 lots remaining from the last 2 weeks!), PB&J (I have bread in the freezer and PB & Jelly stockpiled from offers), leftovers, yogurt (I still have yogurt tubes from a current offer)
Snacks today: Pumpkin Bread, Cheerios, Kind bars, carrots, apples and PB (I have some remaining apples from an offer a couple of weeks ago), eggs, path mix, No Bake Cookies
- Salad with remaining chicken, cheese, and difficult boiled eggs (Silas was at a celebration and the women had supper at the End of Year School Celebration)
- Dinner out (at baseball competition in AL)
- Fend For Yourself Night (cereal, eggs, frozen pizza)
- Grilled Double Cheeseburgers (we purchased components for this recently and never ever utilized this dish) + french fries (we had in the freezer from a long period of time ago; they require to be consumed!) and cantaloupe
- Chicken Parmesan Zucchini Boats with fruit on the side + homemade bread
- Sweet & Savory Baked Chicken + pineapple + muffins
- Garlic Steak & Potato Packets + fruit salad + steamed veggies
All evacuated for our baseball competition this previous weekend!