When I consider fall, one food that enters your mind is apples. Apple cider, apple butter, apple pie…..all things apple. One thing you might enjoy and believe is challenging to make is apple jam. You may be amazed at simply how quickly you can make this yourself (without all of the preservatives and ingredients you discover in the store-bought products).
Homemade Apple Jam
- 6 big crisp apples
- 2 cups of apple cider
- 1 box of Pectin
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 4 8oz mason containers or 8 4oz containers
- Peel and carefully slice apples.
- In a big sauce pan location apples.
- Add 1 cup of sugar and apple cider.
- Over a medium heat let fruit cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Once it concerns a boil include one bundle of fruit pectin.
- Stir fruit so it does not stick.
- Continue cooking over medium heat up until sauce ends up being thick.
- Ladle into mason containers.
- Put on covers and put in the refrigerator.
- Let cool for 1-2 hours.
If you do not like pieces, utilize a potato masher, immersion mixer or food mill for about 1 minute.