The most current episode of the ABA Banking Journal Podcast — sponsored by R&T Deposit Solutions — continues a pre-Thanksgiving custom by speaking with the winners of ABA’s 2021 Community Commitment Awards. Each interview checks out the winning program or effort at each bank and offers insights on how they may be executed or adjusted at other banks. These stories provide the ideal motivation as we get ready for the season of thanks and providing.
The complete episode provides excerpts from each interview. To listen to the complete discussion with each Community Commitment Award winner, click the links listed below.
- Affordable real estate: Alex Pace, VP and business relationship supervisor, Heritage Bank, Seattle.
- Community and financial advancement: LaReta Lowther, SVP and director of neighborhood advancement, and Jayme Payton, VP for program management, WesBanco Bank, Wheeling, West Virginia.
- Economic addition: Ashley Aubrey Harrison, neighborhood affairs and CRA supervisor and CRA officer, Hancock Whitney, Gulfport, Mississippi.
- Financial education: Jen Houston, previous SVP and neighborhood relations supervisor, UMB Financial, Kansas City, Missouri.
- Protecting older Americans: Jennell Huff, relationship executive and neighborhood relations organizer, Bank of the Rockies, Clyde Park, Montana.
- George Bailey Distinguished Service Award: Mary O’Connor, EVP for logistics and imaginative brand name management, Country Club Bank, Kansas City, Missouri
If you can’t see the gamer above, click on this link to listen to this episode.
This episode is sponsored by R&T Deposit Solutions.