Podcast: The anatomy of a neighborhood bank ransomware attack
The cover story of the current problem of the ABA Banking Journal includes an unprecedentedly transparent check out what takes place inside a banks throughout and after a ransomware attack. On the current episode of the ABA Banking Journal Podcast — sponsored by Intrafi — Evan Sparks shares the real story of this anonymized bank and how it tackled what might have ended up being a debilitating ransomware attack. Sparks goes over:
- How hackers got in, the early minutes after an attack takes place and how the bank reacted.
- The present ransomware hazard environment for banks.
- How to carry out on a cyber occurrence playbook and set in motion partners and suppliers.
- Messages and services the bank supplied to clients throughout the occurrence.
- Fatigue and other obstacles dealing with the bank’s group throughout the hack.
- Lessons found out and post-mortem modifications the bank made to avoid a future occurrence.
If you can’t see the audio gamer above, click on this link to listen to today’s episode.
This episode is sponsored by Intrafi.
In this episode: