With bank M&A in 2021 capturing up after a pandemic-induced time out, aggregate offer worth in 2022 might near $60 billion, according to S&P Global Market Intelligence expert Nathan Stovall. On the most recent episode of the ABA Banking Journal Podcast — sponsored by R&T Deposit Solutions — Stovall discusses his outlook and particular contributing elements, consisting of:
- The function of local banks and mergers of equates to in the M&A landscape.
- The continuing push for technological scale.
- New computations banks are making about branch density when preparing acquisitions.
- Potential regulative obstructions in the future for particular offers.
- The growing function of cooperative credit union in purchasing entire neighborhood banks.
If you can’t see the audio gamer above, click on this link to listen to this episode.
This episode is sponsored by R&T Deposit Solutions.
In this episode: