Give me a pumpkin roll instead of pumpkin pie! I am not a fan of pie in any method. But, I still like pumpkin tastes and desserts.
One method I can still take pleasure in pumpkin for dessert on Thanksgiving is with a pumpkin roll. The mix of the pumpkin and cream cheese icing….well…I’ll let you put your own palate to the test and let me understand what you believe!
More fall dishes you’ll like:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: thirty minutes
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper.
- Sprinkle thin, cotton cooking area towel with powdered sugar (usage enough so the cake will not adhere to towel).
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt on a little bowl. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in big mixer up until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mix up until well integrated. Spread equally into ready flat pan.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or up until top of cake bounce back when touched. (if utilizing dark pan, start looking for doneness around 11 minutes).
- Immediately loosen up and turn cake out onto ready towel. Peel off wax paper. Roll up the cake and towel together, beginning with the narrow end. Cool entirely.
- For filling, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla in a little bowl up until velvety and smooth.
- Unroll cake and spread cream cheese filling over the cake. Re-roll cake. Wrap in cling wrap and location in fridge for a minimum of an hour.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar prior to serving, if preferred.